Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup on a formula field?

Hi
I am trying to run a Vlookup, but always return #N/A
I know the vaues exist from eyeballing some of them, but realized that the
values I am trying to return are in fact a result of a calculation (SUMIF's)
within the specified array...I am not sure if this is the problem but would
appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks for reading this.
i.e. vlookup(A2,Sheet1!AE:AF,4,False)
where column AF on Sheet1 = SUMIF(....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are trying to return a value outside of the scope of your Vlookup
try this *=vlookup(A2,Sheet1!AE:AH,4,False)*

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=64766

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the responses...I apologize but the formula should have read
"...AC:AF,4,False)" The issue appears to be that it is calling a value that
is itself a caclulated field...is that something that VLookup does not
accomodate?

Thx

Monish;231957 Wrote:
Hi
I am trying to run a Vlookup, but always return #N/A
I know the vaues exist from eyeballing some of them, but realized that
the
values I am trying to return are in fact a result of a calculation
(SUMIF's)
within the specified array...I am not sure if this is the problem but
would
appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks for reading this.
i.e. vlookup(A2,Sheet1!AE:AF,4,False)
where column AF on Sheet1 = SUMIF(....

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=64766

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm wondering what is the data in AC:AF?

Does your calculated field return a value?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would be glad to look at a sample worksheet showing your Vlookup formula.
Add in comments of what you want the results to be in a before and after
condition of the formula.

Regards,
Howard

"Monish" wrote in message
Hi
I am trying to run a Vlookup, but always return #N/A
I know the vaues exist from eyeballing some of them, but realized that the
values I am trying to return are in fact a result of a calculation
(SUMIF's)
within the specified array...I am not sure if this is the problem but
would
appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks for reading this.
i.e. vlookup(A2,Sheet1!AE:AF,4,False)
where column AF on Sheet1 = SUMIF(....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan

The value I am trying to return is in AF and is the result from a SUMIF
calculation of data within its own worksheet...does that make sense?

Thanks!

"dan dungan" wrote:

I'm wondering what is the data in AC:AF?

Does your calculated field return a value?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure how I would attach a worksheet here...

As more background, the Vlookup function resides on Sheet 2 and is looking
up a value from Sheet 1...this value on Sheet 1 is itself calculated
(SUMIF's) from data on Sheet 1...

Hope that helps a bit?

Thanks

"Monish" wrote in message
Hi
I am trying to run a Vlookup, but always return #N/A
I know the vaues exist from eyeballing some of them, but realized that the
values I am trying to return are in fact a result of a calculation
(SUMIF's)
within the specified array...I am not sure if this is the problem but
would
appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks for reading this.
i.e. vlookup(A2,Sheet1!AE:AF,4,False)
where column AF on Sheet1 = SUMIF(....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Monish, you can join the forum below (The Code Cage) for free where you
can attach a workbook for all to see, if you do join please post in the
thread indictaed below so that those who have been helping or folllowing
this thread can continue to do so!