Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default application running in excel 2003 gives missing reference in excel2000

Hi All,

I have a strange problem.

when I migrated a running application by compiling it from excel 2000
to excel 2003.

It runs fine. But suppose if I compile it in excel2003 and then put it
back to VSS or storage location and then save it Windows 2000 Desktop
and try compile it again it gives missing reference error.

I fail to understand what happens if i compile the running application
in 2000 and again compile it in 2003 and put it back it gives the
missing reference.

The Files missing as shown in the reference window a

Missing: Microsoft Word11.0 Object Librarary. (This is what is
missing)
Ref Edit Control

Any suggestions from you friends.

Regards,

Prince
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Feb 13, 12:39*pm, Prince wrote:
Hi All,

I have a strange problem.

when I migrated a running application by compiling it from excel 2000
to excel 2003.

It runs fine. But suppose if I compile it in excel2003 and then put it
back to VSS or storage location and then save it Windows 2000 Desktop
and try compile it again it gives missing reference error.

I fail to understand what happens if i compile the running application
in 2000 and again compile it in 2003 and put it back it gives the
missing reference.

The Files missing as shown in the reference window a

Missing: Microsoft Word11.0 Object Librarary. (This is what is
missing)
Ref Edit Control

Any suggestions from you friends.

Regards,

Prince

The answer to this issue is that the excel 2000 when saved in windows
2003 desktop itself upgrades the above reference from
Microsoft Word9.0 Object Librarary
Microsoft Word11.0 Object Librarary

but in the reverse case it is not able to downgrade the reference back
to 9.0.

Hence we need to manually go and select
Microsoft Word9.0 Object Librarary in the reference and then save and
run it then it will compile properly.

Regards,

Prince