Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save Copy As Problem

I have a large .xlsm file that takes 3 minutes to open & is 25MB. I use this
as a base to create lots of other files. The process is: I update the file;
copy paste special value the large formulas & then save as a new file
name.xlsx. To alleviate reopening the original file each time I tried
SaveCopyAs in my macro. The problem is that the file left open only has the
values instead of retaining my formulas from the original. Therefore, I must
open the file each time & it takes too long. Does anyone know of a way to
have the original file be in its initial form before the macro routine? This
is my macro:

Sub ProcessFinancial()
'
' ProcessFinancial Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+n
'
Sheets("Input Tab").Select
Range("A:CZ").Select
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("Actual 3YR Data (hide)").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("A:CZ").Select
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("Budget 3YR Data (hide)").Select
Range("A:CZ").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
fName = InputBox("File name?", "File Name", " - Jan 2009.xlsx")
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs ("M:\Financial\2009 Fin Stmts\Jan\" & fName)

End Sub

Thank you!