Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
V V is offline

Default Sum of different accounts

Can anyone tell me a formula to help me find the sum of various cost area
For example, for the table below, I would like to find a total spent on
staionery, members and arts, preferably shown on a different worksheet

03/01/09 Stationery 20
06/01/09 Members 32
06/01/09 Arts 25
09/01/09 Stationery 36
10/01/09 Arts 24
12/01/09 Members 72
16/01/09 Members 40
21/01/09 Stationery 25
23/01/09 Arts 22

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

With your data in A1:C10, try this:

=SUMIF(B2:B10,"=Stationery",C2:C10)

Regards,
Per

"V" skrev i meddelelsen
Can anyone tell me a formula to help me find the sum of various cost area
For example, for the table below, I would like to find a total spent on
staionery, members and arts, preferably shown on a different worksheet

03/01/09 Stationery 20
06/01/09 Members 32
06/01/09 Arts 25
09/01/09 Stationery 36
10/01/09 Arts 24
12/01/09 Members 72
16/01/09 Members 40
21/01/09 Stationery 25
23/01/09 Arts 22

Delete certain accounts chrisnsmith Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 March 6th 09 04:20 PM
Accounts functions philn Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 22nd 08 02:58 PM
Verify Accounts JT Excel Programming 1 February 28th 07 02:59 PM
Excel for Accounts Newtonboy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 8th 06 08:03 PM
list of accounts Mark Jeffcoat Excel Programming 1 July 9th 03 10:25 PM