Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cells wont calculate in French version

I use the french version of Excel 2007. I created a macro that write
functions in some of the worksheet cells. However, even if teh text in the
cells is correct and that the equal sign is there, it wont calculate. I have
to manually double click on a cell to get the value of the formula. I wasn't
able to do this doubleclick by using VBA cod (and I tried a lot of things). I
finally found that the macro had to write the english name of a function in a
cell, and that excel translate it in french in the worksheet. If you write a
french function in a cell via a macro, it won't work, even if the same exact
thing is written in the cell.

This problem made me lose a lot of time and should be corrected by
Microsoft, especially because it is not mentioned anywhere, and because the
help does not provide the english names of the functions.

So my problem is already solve, but I hope I will help other.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a thought Electro, the default language for vba is US-English,
irrespective of the locale.

Does your code contain Range("XX").Formula/ or Range("XX").FormulaR1C1
Try changing this to Range("XX").FormulaLocal/ or
Range("XX").FormulaR1C1Local with your French
language formula.

I think it will then work. I remember having a similar problem when working
in Germany.

Paul

"Electro" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Electro,
Chapters 24 & 25 of the book Excel 2007 VBA can be read on this link:
http://books.google.com/books?id=r18...um=3&ct=result

Chapter 25 deals with "International Issues".

Paul

"Electro" wrote in message
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Electr,

I experienced a similar problem this week with Excel 2003.

It was very useful to know someone else had hit the same problem..

Thanks

"Electro" wrote in message

On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:42 PM Paul wrote:

Electro,
Chapters 24 & 25 of the book Excel 2007 VBA can be read on this link:
http://books.google.com/books?id=r18...um=3&ct=result

Chapter 25 deals with "International Issues".

Paul

"Paul" wrote in message

Silverlight 3D Animated Topic Selector With Titled Menu Items
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...enu-items.aspx