Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I eliminate blinking scrollbars?

I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help here...

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I'd start by trying

application.screenupdating=false

'your code
application.screenupdating=true

Mike

"Tony" wrote:

I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help here...

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tony,
You can eliminate the thumb (the part that flashes) by setting
the LargeChange property to a value greater than the Max property
and setting the ProportionalThumb property to True.

Of course that isn't always what you need, but other than setting the
focus elsewhere I am not aware of a way to keep it from flashing.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Tony"
wrote in message
I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?
Thanks for any help here...
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, may have to settle for this. I had set the PropThumb property to
false so that the thumb was smaller and therefore less annoying. Your
suggestion is better anyway.

Thanks,

Tony

wrote in message
I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during
the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?
Thanks for any help here...
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Here you go...

Try this:

Create a subroutine called ScrollBar1_GotFocus by first selecting the sheet containing the scrollbar in the VBA Project Explorer window. In the right half of the screen, above the code section are 2 drop-down boxes. In the left hand box, select "ScrollBar1" then in the right hand box, select "GotFocus" This will create the subroutine definition for you. Now, simply add the following to that subroutine:

Selection.Select

When you click anywhere on the scrollbar (giving it focus), it will immediately give focus to whatever cell was previously selected when you release the mouse button.

Tony wrote:

How can I eliminate blinking scrollbars?
07-Feb-09

I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help here...

Tony

On Saturday, February 07, 2009 11:53 PM
Tony wrote:

How can I eliminate blinking scrollbars?
I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help here...

Tony

On Sunday, February 08, 2009 5:16 AM
Mike wrote:

Hi,I'd start by tryingapplication.screenupdating=false'your codeapplication.
Hi,

I'd start by trying

application.screenupdating=false

'your code
application.screenupdating=true

Mike

"Tony" wrote:

On Sunday, February 08, 2009 2:28 PM
Tony wrote:

Didn't do anything. Still has focus, still blinking.Any other ideas???
Didn't do anything. Still has focus, still blinking.

Any other ideas??? I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tony

wrote in message
I have a VBA from which uses scrollbars to scroll data through a grid of
text boxes (not associated with a frame or the form its self). The problem
is that when they get focus, they flash. Very Annoying!. I have not found
anyway to stop this, so I tried shifting focus to another control during the
Change event. This works if the Scrollbar value only changes once (single
click). If the user scrolls any longer, the value of the scrollbar
increases, but then it keeps the focus leaving the user with a blinking
scrollbar. Any thoughts?
Thanks for any help here...
Tony

On Sunday, February 08, 2009 4:09 PM
Tony wrote:

Thanks, may have to settle for this.
Thanks, may have to settle for this. I had set the PropThumb property to
false so that the thumb was smaller and therefore less annoying. Your
suggestion is better anyway.

Thanks,

Tony

WPF Control?s Default Style or Template by Extending the WPF Designer in Visual Studio 2010
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...udio-2010.aspx