Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP REQUIRED: Dynamic VLookup

I am trying to put together a vlookup that refers to another excel workbook,
however this workbook is created daily and has the name change daily.

I require one workbook to have vlookups that reference the other workbook,
but taking into account the name change. The name change is only in relation
to the date - eg File20090115.xlsx , File20090116.xlsx

I have no problem haing vlookup access a static name but I encounter
problems when trying to make it more intelligent. Any assistance is
appreciated and I extend my thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Clint

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try using the Indirect function.

=VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("[File"&$C$1&".xls]Sheet1!$A:$B"),2,FALSE)

Cell C1 contains my variable date (20090114 in this case).

Does that help?

--
Thx
MSweetG222