Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AutoFill Macro

Excel 2000

What is the complete set of Excel Constants of the type:

xlFill....

I'm trying to write some AutoFill macros, so that I can query the
number of rows with an InputBox and then execute. I've been able to
do that. I started with a recorded macro to obtain the syntax and got
the following for a simple operation.

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("A1:A26"), Type:=xlFillDefault

******
I need to know all of the options for Type:=xlFill.....

By holding down the Control Key, and starting with either an integer
or a date in the base cell, and recording a macro, I find the
following additional options:

xlFillSeries
xlFillCopy

However, I can't get the autocomplete feature of Excel's VBA editor to
provide a list of options for the Type:= property, nor can I find
these constants, xlFill.... in the Excel VBA help index.

Do additional options exist?

xlFillDefault does different things depending upon the type of data in
the base cell. Is there a constant that says do the default process,
depending on the data in the base cell, for when the Ctrl key is
pressed? (ie., if the data is a number, do a series, if the data is a
date, do a copy)

Many thanks,

Fred Holmes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
copied from vb help....
XlAutoFillType can be one of these XlAutoFillType constants.
xlFillDays
xlFillFormats
xlFillSeries
xlFillWeekdays