Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB For Excel Help Files

Hi All

My IT department has installed MS Office 2003 but it seems the help
files for VB for Excel (VBA?) are missing. When I type "Range
Collection" into the help facility of the VB Editor Excel.Range is not
found - I get results for all other sorts including Office, DAO
etc.but no Excel object model help files. Similarly no results are
found for a "Worksheet" search. The Excel VB help files are missing.

The IT department does not seem to know how to fix this for me. Can
anyone provide some guidance so I can give that to them to sort the
problem?

Should the Excel VB help files be installed as default or do you have
to install them directly? Where do the help files live?

Thanks in advance,
Chrisso
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, VBA Help is for some reason NOT included in a default (aka "typical")
office installation. Files recide somewhere in the installation disks.
Reinstall "custom", and select everything you need and then some, is the
solution for a single user, but your solution depends on how your company
deploys software.

HTH. Best wishes Harald