Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Reference Books

I've just begun to teach myself VBA. (I'm primarily interested in building
the front end and back ends to spreadsheet models.) I have a good book to
help me learn these limited basics. I don't seem to have VBA online help --
as such, I'm looking for a reference book that would substitute for online
help. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

If you don't have VBA help (which is only available when you are in the VB
Editor) then try reinstalling Excel and make sure you include all Excel
options when asked.

Two good books for getting started:
- Reed Jacobson - Visual Basic Programming in Excel Step by Step
- John Walkenbach - Power Programming in Excel

I may have the title slightly incorrect but check at Amazon or Google

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JoLeigh" wrote in message
I've just begun to teach myself VBA. (I'm primarily interested in building
the front end and back ends to spreadsheet models.) I have a good book
help me learn these limited basics. I don't seem to have VBA online
help --
as such, I'm looking for a reference book that would substitute for online
help. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually, the VBA help is somewhere in the Office Tools part of the
installation. By default it is not installed. When you stick in the CD and
run the installation program, you can set this option, and it won't redo the
whole installation, just include the missing files.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.