Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checking cells for input

I have a worksheet that has 107 rows. The number of rows can change as users
add records. The last 3 columns in each row are status's of each record
indicated by one of the cells having an X in it. I want to allow only 1 of
these 3 status cells in each row to contain the value of "X". Any help or
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Samuel,

Use Data Validation, selecting "Custom" with a formula like

=COUNTIF($H2:$J2,"X")=1

Where H to J are the last three columns of your row.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP