Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do i find the text box number?

I'm working on some vba for a friend and between saving, resaving, and
changing, my code busts in the fact that it's looking for Text Box #
and can't find it. My code is looking for TextBox 1 and can't find
it. I know which box it is and I wanted to check to see if the box
number has changed. How do I find that out? Does this make sense?

I tried recording a new macro where I move the box around or edit it,
but MS07 didn't show me the text box # in the recorded macro. Is
there some properties or something I can look at that shows me what
the identifier is of the text box?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
open visual basic and click in view object, then position in the textbox you
are looking for, at your left the properties will give you the textbox #
If this was helpful please say yes, thank you

"gab1972" wrote:

I'm working on some vba for a friend and between saving, resaving, and
changing, my code busts in the fact that it's looking for Text Box #
and can't find it. My code is looking for TextBox 1 and can't find
it. I know which box it is and I wanted to check to see if the box
number has changed. How do I find that out? Does this make sense?

I tried recording a new macro where I move the box around or edit it,
but MS07 didn't show me the text box # in the recorded macro. Is
there some properties or something I can look at that shows me what
the identifier is of the text box?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"gab1972" wrote:
I'm working on some vba for a friend and between saving, resaving, and
changing, my code busts in the fact that it's looking for Text Box #
and can't find it. *My code is looking for TextBox 1 and can't find
it. *I know which box it is and I wanted to check to see if the box
number has changed. *How do I find that out? *Does this make sense?

I tried recording a new macro where I move the box around or edit it,
but MS07 didn't show me the text box # in the recorded macro. *Is
there some properties or something I can look at that shows me what
the identifier is of the text box?

Thanks

Yes, thank you. Actually, I was just about to reply back to myself
and say nevermind. Although, I didn't know how to do it in VB. But
if you click the box in excel, the Name Box attribute tells you the
box number just as it tells you what cell you're in when you click a
cell. Thanks though.