Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zak Zak is offline

Default Using Excel in conjuction with MS Outlook

I am trying to create a simple spreadsheet for record keeping. Please let me
know if you can help me with the following:

- I want to keep a spreadsheet in Excel which holds dates that new software
will be released on.
-When ever a date is reached, I want it to pull up some kind of prompt in MS
Outlook letting user A,B,C etc know that the software release date is today

Is doing something like this in Excel possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron Bruin has some excellent tips on accomplishing this very thing.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Look around, and I'm sure you'll find the coding you need
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"zak" wrote:

I am trying to create a simple spreadsheet for record keeping. Please let me
know if you can help me with the following:

- I want to keep a spreadsheet in Excel which holds dates that new software
will be released on.
-When ever a date is reached, I want it to pull up some kind of prompt in MS
Outlook letting user A,B,C etc know that the software release date is today

Is doing something like this in Excel possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zak Zak is offline

Hi

Thanks for letting me know the below link. I have used it a few times in
this system I am creating. I have come accross a problem and I was wondering
if you can help me?

I have used the code to send e-mails using other rows and other sheets.
This does work, but it only gives the row with the headings and not the row
below it which holds the data. My code is below:

Option Explicit

Sub Sendworkdone1_Row()
' Don't forget to copy the function RangetoHTML in the module.
' Working in Office 2000-2007
Dim OutApp As Object
Dim OutMail As Object
Dim cell As Range
Dim rng As Range
Dim Ash As Worksheet
Dim strbody As String
Dim strbody2 As String

Set Ash = ActiveSheet
On Error GoTo cleanup
Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
OutApp.Session.Logon

With Application
.EnableEvents = False
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

For Each cell In Ash.Columns("J").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeCons tants)
If cell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then
Ash.Range("A1:H100").AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=cell.Value
With Ash.AutoFilter.Range
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
On Error GoTo 0
End With

Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

strbody = "Dear" & "<br<br" & _
"Thank you for attending your appointment on (ENTER DATE) for
your (MACHINE DETAILS) machine." & "<br<br" & _
"Please see below confirmation of the current versions of
software running on this machine."
strbody2 = "MORE TEXT MORE TEXT MORE TEXT" & "<br<br" & _
"Thank You" & "<br<br" & _
"Support Services"

On Error Resume Next
With OutMail
.To = cell.Value
.Subject = "Receipt of Maintenance Work Completed"
.HTMLBody = strbody & RangetoHTML(rng) & "<br<br" & _
strbody2
.Display 'Or use Send
End With
On Error GoTo 0