Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel query error

I posted this in another forum, but thought I would try in here also.

I get an error message whenever I open a file that has data queried from an
outside database. It also occurs every time I create a new query as well. The
error message is:

C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\library\msquery\xlquery.xla could
not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file
location is correct.

If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used
files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved
or deleted.

It hasn't been. The file is still there. If I proceed, it produces another
version 2 file and the query works but is an annoyance.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did a search for xlquery.xla on my c:\ drive and in thhe registry editor
and did not find the file. I suspect it may be in a macro in excel (aybe
personal.xls). Try starting excel with macros disable and then set up a new
query. This will prove or disprove that a macro is causing the problem.