Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to pick the first value in a filtered range - vb code pls

hi
Whenever i change the filter a new set of data is shown.
I want the 1st value in the filter range to be place at a5, the filtered
range starts with a8 (title a7)

regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Eddy,

You can use a column of helper formulas.

In B8, use the formula

=SUBTOTAL(3,$A$8:A8)

and copy down to match your column of data in A.

Then in A5, enter the formula

=INDEX(A7:A16000,MATCH(1,B7:B16000,FALSE))

Change the 16000s to a suitable number for your data set.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Eddy Stan" wrote in message
hi
Whenever i change the filter a new set of data is shown.
I want the 1st value in the filter range to be place at a5, the filtered
range starts with a8 (title a7)

regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Bernie, sorry i am late in thanking.
Yesterday & today, i had the same requirement and used the help.
best wishes
thanks