Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default All I want is the text to fit in the cell

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cells.AutoFit
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"suestew" wrote:

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry I'm so confused but are you sending me a macro or are you telling me
how to use the Excel functions?

If its the latter, I've already tried to use Row - auto fit and it's not
working.

thanks again for your help.

"Michael" wrote:

Sorry,
I meant: Cells.Rows.AutoFit

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Michael" wrote:

Cells.AutoFit
--

"suestew" wrote:

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is one line of a macro.
If you want to do this manually, select your entire range or select the
entire sheet. Then you can wrap it all, and/or autofit all the columns and
rows. HTH Otto
"suestew" wrote in message
Is this a macro?

"Michael" wrote:

Cells.AutoFit
--

"suestew" wrote:

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still
have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to
have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How much text is not showing up?

If you have more than 1024 characters in a cell Excel will display only the
first 1024.

Add an Alt + Enter every 80-100 chars.

Another thing..............if cells are merged, autofit will not work.

You would need event code to autofit any row with merged cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:55:01 -0800, suestew
wrote:

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks - your response was very helpful. I do have more than 1024 characters
in many of the cells. Now the question is, can I filter cells that have that
or more so I can adjust those by group rather than individually.

Thanks.

wrote:

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Like data|autofilter???

If that's what you mean, you may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
http://contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#String

wrote:

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming cells are in column A

In B1 enter =LEN(A1) and double-click fill handle to copy down.

Autofilter on column B for customgreater than 1000

Gord

wrote:

So I've used "wrap text" and I've used "Row - auto fit" and I still have text
that is not showing up in the cell. I have 2800 lines and I'm going to have
to go through individually and make sure they are all the right height.
There has to be a simpler way.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would certainly appreciate receiving the Excel event code to autofit
rows with merged cells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap
in the URL which is all one line.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1c160cbeb27874

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP