Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I find out what cell reference was selected - not the value

Hi, I am trying to create a timesheet, and when the user inputs data I want
to write some VBA code to check it and also apply some conditional formatting.

B C D E
F G
1 Mon Tue Wed Thu
Fri
2 start 7:00 am 6:45 am
3 end 12:30 pm
4 subtotal 5:30

my issues:

(1) How do I know what cell reference the user has just entered into and
how do I pass that cell reference into VBA?
For instance, if the user has just entered "6:45 am" into D2, how do
I pass that cell reference into VBA?

I need to do this to then perform some checks eg:

(a) if user starts before 7:00 am then flag (highlight) the cell red -
because they can't start before 7:00 am. some code I've done so far for this
is:

inputValue.NumberFormat = "h:mm am/pm"
If inputValue.Text < "7:00 AM" Then
inputValue.Interior.Color = RGB(255, 255, 0)

(b) Is this the best one to put all this code in - eg to find out which
cell reference was entered into and to pass this into VBA code - eg this
followingone:

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.