Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lost focus for Cells?

After the user enters values into a certain column, and when the user
moves off the cell that they just typed data into, I need to check
value.

Is there a better way than using change and selectionchange?

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
i would look into data validation to restrict the value users can input
rather that check their input afer the fact.
question- what if they input something wrong.....now what?????

Regards
FSt1

"General Fear" wrote:

After the user enters values into a certain column, and when the user
moves off the cell that they just typed data into, I need to check
value.

Is there a better way than using change and selectionchange?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would say selectionchange should be a fair option! Have you had any
problem with that?

I would suggest not to use data validation, due to some faults in
that. my experience was not very good with the users, as they used to
overcome inputing correct/valid values by copy/paste (For your ref,
excel does not validate any value which is not entered manually. so if
you copy and paste it, data validation is not done)

Selva V Pasupathy
For more excel and vba info, please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 13, 1:06*pm, Socko wrote:
I would say selectionchange should be a fair option! Have you had any
problem with that?

I would suggest not to use data validation, due to some faults in
that. my experience was not very good with the users, as they used to
overcome inputing correct/valid values by copy/paste (For your ref,
excel does not validate any value which is not entered manually. so if
you copy and paste it, data validation is not done)

Selva V Pasupathy
For more excel and vba info, please visit:http://socko.wordpress.com

I used selectionchange. The only thing I noticed is that sometimes I
needed to move around ( going back and forth ) to get the affect of
moving of the cell.

Is there something that I might be doing wrong?