Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default chart x axis labels show up as range

In chart creating code I am trying to set the x-axis values using:

..SeriesCollection(1).XValues = xVal

xVal is a declared range that is basically an array of specific column
headings selected from many. xVal is also used to choose the data
columns used in the chart.

When the chart is generated the x axis labels are the actual range
values "B!$H$1, B!P$1, etc" I need the labels to be the actual values
from the cells.

this seems a simple thing but it eludes me!