Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code to launch VB editor

I am running XP with Office 2002.

What is the VB code to launch the VB editor.

I would like to assign it to a toolbar button. It would save time, albeit
very little, but in the world of nanoseconds and milliseconds, it is long.

I have searched newsgroups, Google and visited various websites. Chip
Pearson's site is superlative at providing code to work in the editor but I
did not locate the code to actually launch the editor. I have also used all
combinations of code in VB (ie: Application.VBE. ...) but cannot produce the
desired result.

Thank you ahead of time for your time and consideration.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub vbe()
Application.vbe.MainWindow.Visible = True
End Sub
'Tools --Macro--Security
'Click the Trusted Publisher Tab
'Click Trust access to Visual Basic Project Checkbox
'Click ok

"Boog" wrote:

I am running XP with Office 2002.

What is the VB code to launch the VB editor.

I would like to assign it to a toolbar button. It would save time, albeit
very little, but in the world of nanoseconds and milliseconds, it is long.

I have searched newsgroups, Google and visited various websites. Chip
Pearson's site is superlative at providing code to work in the editor but I
did not locate the code to actually launch the editor. I have also used all
combinations of code in VB (ie: Application.VBE. ...) but cannot produce the
desired result.

Thank you ahead of time for your time and consideration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could also use this:

CommandBars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls("Tools").Controls("Macro").Controls ("Visual Basic
Editor").accDoDefaultAction

"Boog" wrote:

I am running XP with Office 2002.

What is the VB code to launch the VB editor.

I would like to assign it to a toolbar button. It would save time, albeit
very little, but in the world of nanoseconds and milliseconds, it is long.

I have searched newsgroups, Google and visited various websites. Chip
Pearson's site is superlative at providing code to work in the editor but I
did not locate the code to actually launch the editor. I have also used all
combinations of code in VB (ie: Application.VBE. ...) but cannot produce the
desired result.

Thank you ahead of time for your time and consideration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alt-F11 will also open the VBE, and takes less time than mousing over a button, if your hands are
already on the keyboard....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Boog" wrote in message
I am running XP with Office 2002.

What is the VB code to launch the VB editor.

I would like to assign it to a toolbar button. It would save time, albeit
very little, but in the world of nanoseconds and milliseconds, it is long.

I have searched newsgroups, Google and visited various websites. Chip
Pearson's site is superlative at providing code to work in the editor but I
did not locate the code to actually launch the editor. I have also used all
combinations of code in VB (ie: Application.VBE. ...) but cannot produce the
desired result.

Thank you ahead of time for your time and consideration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bernie,

I have used Alt-F11 in the past but I usually have the mouse in hand.

Thanks to all for their input.