Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pulling the last 6 characters out of the filename

I've got the right file open and all my numbers are crunching nicely - but I
need to drop in the date of the "data conversion" which is contained in the
last 6 characters of the filename.

How do I pull those last few characters out of the filename and drop it into
my string?
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

myvar= right(mystring,6)
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"John Brenner" wrote:

I've got the right file open and all my numbers are crunching nicely - but I
need to drop in the date of the "data conversion" which is contained in the
last 6 characters of the filename.

How do I pull those last few characters out of the filename and drop it into
my string?
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, Michael!