Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula Copying in workbook

I have a workbook with 3 pages. Each page has stocks listed from different
accounts. One has 5, one has 3 and one has 1. I copy the information and
formulas down for each day so i can put the daily prices in them. This works
well but i added another sheet that takes the totals for the day and addes
them up. An example is "=SUM(Sheet1!F4192+sheet2!F5585+sheet3!F1353)" and
this works good also but when i copy the formula down to the next line the
numbers change to "=SUM(Sheet1!F4193+sheet2!F5586+sheet3!F1354)" instead of
what i want . I need them to change in different amounts. The next line
needs to say "=SUM(Sheet1!F4197+sheet2!F5592+sheet3!F1355)" I don't know if
there is an easy way to do this or even if there is a way to do it. Any help
would be very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There isn't an easy way to do it if thats what you are really trying to
do!, to copy a formula down one row would adjust for that row unless
using absolute referencing, but as your increments aren't uniform it's
near impossible without vba to do this.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=39061

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you give me an idea where to start with vba to try and do it? I don't
know much about vba but am willing to learn.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tomq, i am willing to help you with that but i need to see a workbook to
see your structure and where the formulae are, you can join the forum
shown in my signature and make a post in the relevant forum but before
submitting attach your workbook, i will endeavour to help you from there