Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find duplicates, sum column then delete duplicates

I need to decipher if a row is a duplicate based on matching data in cells I,
K, L, N, and F. If the row is a duplicate, I need to add the value in cell F
to the original row's value in cell F and then delete the duplicate row. The
# of rows in the workbook changes everyday and the duplicates will not always
be right below the row it is duplicating.

Is this possible? Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Step #1) Make a copy of your file so you are not deleting records that you
don't intend to delete (you may not know what a macro does until you run it;
it may do something that you don't expect it to do...)

Step #2) Run one of these two macros (below):

Sub CheckForDupes()

Dim RowNdx As Long
Dim ColNum As Integer
ColNum = Selection(1).Column 'set number to match the proper column
For RowNdx = Selection(Selection.Cells.Count).Row To _
Selection(1).Row + 1 Step -1
If Cells(RowNdx, ColNum).Value = Cells(RowNdx - 1, ColNum).Value Then
Cells(RowNdx, ColNum).Delete Shift:=xlUp
End If
Next RowNdx
End Sub

Sub DeleteDuplicateRows()
Dim lLastRow As Long
Dim lLastCol As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long
Dim k As Long
lLastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count - 1
lLastCol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count - 1
For i = 0 To lLastRow - 1
For j = lLastRow To i + 1 Step -1
For k = 0 To lLastCol
If ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Offset(i, k).Value <
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Offset(j, k).Value Then
Exit For
End If
Next k
If k lLastCol Then
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Offset(j, 0).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next j
Next i

Ryan---
--
RyGuy

"aileen" wrote:

I need to decipher if a row is a duplicate based on matching data in cells I,
K, L, N, and F. If the row is a duplicate, I need to add the value in cell F
to the original row's value in cell F and then delete the duplicate row. The
# of rows in the workbook changes everyday and the duplicates will not always
be right below the row it is duplicating.

Is this possible? Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This isn't working quite the way I need. Here is an example of what I am
trying to accomplish:
The following is an example of the set of data I'm starting with:
Column C D E F G H
5 1 2 3 4
10 1 2 3 4
15 1 2 3 4
20 1 2 3 4
-6 2 3 4 5
-3 3 4 5 6
-4 3 4 5 6
25 1 2 5 7
And the following is what I want the data to do when I run the macro. Sum
Column C and put the total in H when there are duplicates and then delete the
extra rows of duplicates only.
Column C D E F G H
5 1 2 3 4 50
-6 2 3 4 5
-3 3 4 5 6 -7
25 1 2 5 7
I hope this helps you to better see what I am attempting to do. Thanks for
responding and please let me know if you have any more ideas.