Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo Box or List Box

I don't know what I should be using.
I am creating an Excel Spreadsheet of all of our customers with the
following information:
Customer
Date of Contract
Language Clause: yes or no option
Languages (a list of 50) i.e., CF Canadian French
Spreadsheet Release Date: List of dates.
I have been going through the help files in Excel 2007 and still cannot find
step by step instructions on how to create the combo box or list box (if that
is what I am suppose to be using) for (1) Language Clause option of yes or
no; (2) list of 50 languages to choose from with the ISO 2-digit abbreviation
and the name of the language and (3) list of spreadsheet (phrase libray)
release date to choose from.
Can anyone help?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
check Debra web page has excellent examples

http://contextures.com/tiptech.html

"ACarella" wrote:

I don't know what I should be using.
I am creating an Excel Spreadsheet of all of our customers with the
following information:
Customer
Date of Contract
Language Clause: yes or no option
Languages (a list of 50) i.e., CF Canadian French
Spreadsheet Release Date: List of dates.
I have been going through the help files in Excel 2007 and still cannot find
step by step instructions on how to create the combo box or list box (if that
is what I am suppose to be using) for (1) Language Clause option of yes or
no; (2) list of 50 languages to choose from with the ISO 2-digit abbreviation
and the name of the language and (3) list of spreadsheet (phrase libray)
release date to choose from.
Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Really no programming needed for this one. In a remote range i.e ("AA")

Type your list then use Data -- Validation
in the allow dropdown pick list and use =AA1:AA50 for you source
this will create a dropdown for you. Otherwise, for using active x or the
forms combo or list boxes use Listbox1.AddItem "CF" or Combobox1.Additem "CF"

"ACarella" wrote:

I don't know what I should be using.
I am creating an Excel Spreadsheet of all of our customers with the
following information:
Customer
Date of Contract
Language Clause: yes or no option
Languages (a list of 50) i.e., CF Canadian French
Spreadsheet Release Date: List of dates.
I have been going through the help files in Excel 2007 and still cannot find
step by step instructions on how to create the combo box or list box (if that
is what I am suppose to be using) for (1) Language Clause option of yes or
no; (2) list of 50 languages to choose from with the ISO 2-digit abbreviation
and the name of the language and (3) list of spreadsheet (phrase libray)
release date to choose from.
Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I am creating an Excel Worksheet with the information noted below.
I also have to add another column: Phrase Library with the choice of CED or
DHI.
So, do I want to use an Excel to do this?
I will have around 100-150 customers....
then need to enter all the information below for each of them.
What do you suggest?
Thank you for responding.

"royUK" wrote:

Are you creating a userform to hold the comboboxes?

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)