Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening a recommended read only file as non read only

Hi, I'm struggling to create visual basic code to open a read-only file as
non read only so i can save down the changes.

When opening the file using the below code I am encountered with a pop up
message asking "s/s.xls should be opened as read only unless you need to save
changes to it. Open as read only?" and 3 options Yes, No, Cancel (of which
yes is the default option) How can I change it so that No is selected. Does
anyone know the correct code to do this?

Code to open workbook - Workbooks.Open Filename:= "s/s.xls"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The Workbooks.Open method has an "IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended" parameter you
should set to True.

--
Jim
"Crauwf" wrote in message
| Hi, I'm struggling to create visual basic code to open a read-only file as
| non read only so i can save down the changes.
|
| When opening the file using the below code I am encountered with a pop up
| message asking "s/s.xls should be opened as read only unless you need to
save
| changes to it. Open as read only?" and 3 options Yes, No, Cancel (of which
| yes is the default option) How can I change it so that No is selected.
Does
| anyone know the correct code to do this?
|
| Code to open workbook - Workbooks.Open Filename:= "s/s.xls"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jim, worked a treat!