Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Export Excel to XML and Date Format

Hi

We have a spreadsheet to which we have mapped an XSD. In the
spreadsheet, we have a date column, and display it in DD/MM/YYYY
format. This maps to our schema date element, which is defined as a
String. When we export the data, the date is getting converted to the
Julian date format, however, we need it to export in the format that
is displayed.

When mapping the XSD, Excel prompts saying that the data I'm
attempting to map contains formatting that is incompatible with the
format specified in the worksheet, and I choose to "Use existing
formatting".

However, when I export the data, it comes out in the Julian Date
Format.

Does anyone know how to make it so that I get the date exported in the
format it's displayed?

Thanks
Paul