Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selectively running macros on open

Thank you, Gary's Student. I'll do that.

John

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

There is undoubtedly a userform that can suit your needs.

I, however, know nothing about these things.

If no one updates this post further, then open a new post requesting help on
a drop-down userform.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200817

"Brenner" wrote:

Thank you, Sir!

Is it possible to put a drop down list box in the input message?

Thanks,
John

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim x As String
x = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Enter Site", Type:=2)
If x = "Texas" Then
Call cows
End If
If x = "Vermont" Then
Call maplesyrup

or use Select Case
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200817

"Brenner" wrote:

As the workbook is open, I need to display an input box where the user can
select which site they are from. When they pick their site, I need for the
workboook to run macros that sort, filter, calculate based on that specific
site.

How do I create an input 'box', where the user can select their site - click
ok - and then run the macros based on that input?

All ideas and suggestions are welcome...

Kindes Regards,
John