Posted to microsoft.public.excel.sdk,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Override cell comment functionality

Hi!

Is it possible to write Excel Add-In to override cell comments
functionality? For example, to allow rich text editing there.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.sdk,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dims

You can read and overwrite the comment programatically, yes, so all you
would need to do is invoke some other interface through which the user edits
the comment. However, you have to work within he constraints of the comment
display capability of Excel, of course. If you were to do that I would
recommend a command macro (or equivalent in an XLL, COM or .NET add-in) that
was an alternative to the context menu default comment editor. You can
either replace the default editor menu-item or add your own in addition
using Excel menu customisation.

Regards

Steve Dalton

"Dims" wrote in message
Hi!

Is it possible to write Excel Add-In to override cell comments
functionality? For example, to allow rich text editing there.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.sdk,microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 7 ÄÅË, 17:53, "Steve Dalton" <NOsteveSPAM(at)NOeigensysSPAM(dot)
com wrote:

You can read and overwrite the comment programatically, yes, so all you
would need to do is invoke some other interface through which the user edits
the comment. š

Thank you and can you give me some clues, how to do that?

As for now I see the following approach: to store HTML or RTF in
comments and call my GUI when user calls operations on comments.

But how one can intecept user calls to comments interface?

You can
either replace the default editor menu-item or add your own in addition
using Excel menu customisation.

There are not only the menus to intercept. For example, when user
moves mouse pointer over commented field, the popup appears. How to
intercept this function?

Thanks