Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Solving Linear Programming

I have this problem with the solver and especially with the sensitivity
report, which I don't know how to fix. My target function is:

max Z = 16x1 + 16x2 +16x3 + 16x4 + 28x5 + 28x6 + 28x7 + 28x8

but the coefficient 16 is not independent from each variable. In other
terms, I have a cost vector which has the values 16 and 28 in it. And these
values are assigned as mentioned above. But when generating a sensitivity
report every coefficient of the variables is assumed to be independent from
each other. Does anybody know if and how I can block these coefficients, so
that the sensivity report doesn't assume independency?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

If I understand you correctly, doesnt that mean that you could replace
your equation by
max Z = 4 * 16y1 + 4 * 28y2
where x1..x4 are represented by y1 and x5..x8 by y2?

Regards,
Bernd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

nope that's not possible because every x is independent of the other one. And
the x's are not the same. Maybe this illustration of the problem as a whole
will help.

I have to assign people for treatment in a month (people from type 1 --
x1..x4, people from type 2 -- x5...x8) So x1 is type 1 in month 1 and x2 is
type 1 in month 2. But the costs of type 1 people are the same in every month.

I need to give an answer to what the ammount of treatable people per month
is, so x1...x8 are my decision variables. Another question is then that how
much 16 is allowed to change when the optimal solution still remains the
same. But as the sensivity report adressess all the 16 as independent
variables this is a question hard to answer for me