Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default More than 65,536 lines

Excel 97. Any way to get more than 65,536 lines on a worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The number of lines in XL 97-2003 is fixed at 64K. There is no way to
increase this. XL 2007 has 1 million rows.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:53:29 -0800 (PST), Fan924

Excel 97. Any way to get more than 65,536 lines on a worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 4, 9:53*am, Fan924 wrote:
Excel 97. Any way to get more than 65,536 lines on a worksheet?

Congratulations! You've pushed Excel to it's limit. Yeah, we've all
hit that wall from time to time.

I had one application where I ended up importing my data into ACCESS,
then sorting it and doing some pre-work to get it down to below 65500
lines. I don't know if your data is flexible enough for that.
Otherwise, Excel 2007 is your next call.

1,000,000 rows with 16384 columns! Woohoo!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1,000,000 rows with 16384 columns! Woohoo!

Has anyone ever needed more than 368 columns?
(One leap year with header and sum :-)

Number of rows, however, should be infinitve - you can never get rows
enough!

CE