Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy hyperlink to clipboard

From excel I am trying to copy a hyperlink to the clipboard as
hypertext. For example, if i have a link in microsoft outlook and i
copy that link and paste it into the body of another email the link is
still intact. What I want to do is set the active path of the current
workbook as hypertext so that i can then go copy it into word,
outlook, lotus etc.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Dec 3, 2:45*pm, wrote:
From excel I am trying to copy a hyperlink to the clipboard as
hypertext. *For example, if i have a link in microsoft outlook and i
copy that link and paste it into the body of another email the link is
still intact. What I want to do is set the active path of the current
workbook as hypertext so that i can then go copy it into word,
outlook, lotus etc.

Thanks in advance.

if anyone can do this without using an external app thats great,
otherwise i figured out how to do it using word. launch word drop a
hyperlink, select all, copy and voila