Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Editing user defined functions

I created a user defined function in Excel 97. The function works and
I can access it in excel. I made the mistake of closing the window in
visual basic. Now I can't find the function for editing. The macros I
can find, not the user defined functions. Is there a magic word I
should know?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Functions do not show up in the macro list.

In ToolsMacroMacros, just type in the name of your UDF and "Edit"

Or Alt + F11 to open VBE then d-click on the module that holds the Function.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:47:58 -0800 (PST), Fan924 wrote:

I created a user defined function in Excel 97. The function works and
I can access it in excel. I made the mistake of closing the window in
visual basic. Now I can't find the function for editing. The macros I
can find, not the user defined functions. Is there a magic word I
should know?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try this, too:

Activate the workbook that owns the function.
F5 (or ctrl-g or edit|goto)
type the name of the function and hit enter

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good trick Dave.

Never knew about that.

Gord

Fan924 wrote:

I created a user defined function in Excel 97. The function works and
I can access it in excel. I made the mistake of closing the window in
visual basic. Now I can't find the function for editing. The macros I
can find, not the user defined functions. Is there a magic word I
should know?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Guys