Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default colour palette reset

Hi,
Everytime I open a file, which originated from our SAP system, it changes
the colour palette. Every other file I open takes on this new color palette.
Clicking ToolsOptionsColor reset dosen't work. I open a new instance of
Excel and although it has the correct (standard) color palette I can't use
the "copy color from" since it won't list any other workbook that I can copy
from... the drop down is all blank. I tried to delet every macro or thing
within the Visusal Editor I don't recognize... nothing works.
How can I figure out what is causing this or is there a macro I can run to
reset the palette back to the standard colors?
Thanks,
Ivano
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you can run a repair from your Office CD

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site
' (http://www.excel-it.com)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=34912

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A customized palette is unique to the workbook to which it belongs. Opening
a workbook with such a palette should not affect any other workbooks or
change the default palette.

Having said that, I vaguely recall workbooks originally created in pre Excel
97 very occasionally causing a reset palette problem (the default palette
was different).

If you have red in the default position and a brown to its right, with an
olive green below that (left of yellow) that would be consistent with such a
palette.

Regards,
Peter T

"Ivano" wrote in message
Everytime I open a file, which originated from our SAP system, it changes
the colour palette. Every other file I open takes on this new color
palette.
Clicking ToolsOptionsColor reset dosen't work. I open a new instance
of
Excel and although it has the correct (standard) color palette I can't use
the "copy color from" since it won't list any other workbook that I can
copy
from... the drop down is all blank. I tried to delet every macro or thing
within the Visusal Editor I don't recognize... nothing works.
How can I figure out what is causing this or is there a macro I can run to
reset the palette back to the standard colors?
Thanks,
Ivano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may be able to find something to help you here

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.