Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A mailing list in Excel

Currently my excel sheet has a column for Name, a column for Street1, a
column for Street2, and the city state and zip are in the same column.
The postal service verification service needs everything in different
columns. Example: John Smith 123 Main Street Small Town Tennessee 123456.
John has to be in column 1, Smith in column2 123 Main Street in column 3,
Small Town column 4, etc. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks like there are only spaces between words...

If you choose the name column and choose Data|Text to columns and choose
SPACE as delimiter then name will be separated into first and last (assuming
there is no middle name)

Similarly you can split city, state and zip

You will need to play around a bit to get what you want. Without looking at
sample data it is tough to provide a complete solution...