Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA Macro handbook

All,

I am looking for an Excel VBA Macro handbook/manual that I can download from
the internet. Does someone know a URL for such a pdf- or word-file?

Best,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depends upon what you mean by a macro handbook, there is much info out
there, albeit fragmented.

If you want a comprehensive tome, there is always your bookshop.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Boris" wrote in message
All,

I am looking for an Excel VBA Macro handbook/manual that I can download
from
the internet. Does someone know a URL for such a pdf- or word-file?

Best,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob is right, your bookshop is the best bet as most VBA books come with
a tutorial & example CD to help you work through the book and
build/adapt the code to suit your needs.

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=24394

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:53:21 -0000, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

Depends upon what you mean by a macro handbook, there is much info out
there, albeit fragmented.

If you want a comprehensive tome, there is always your bookshop.

--

I still have my manuals that came with, I believe, Excel 4 (User Guides and
Function Reference -- 3 volumes in all). It's amazing how little has changed

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For VBA?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

wrote:

Depends upon what you mean by a macro handbook, there is much info out
there, albeit fragmented.

If you want a comprehensive tome, there is always your bookshop.

--

I still have my manuals that came with, I believe, Excel 4 (User Guides
and
Function Reference -- 3 volumes in all). It's amazing how little has
changed
since then. Of course, one of the changes is that MS no longer provides
written reference manuals with their software :-(

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:17:17 -0000, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

For VBA?

The Function Reference manual has most of the currently available VBA
functions. Back then I think they were called Macro Functions.

The book is at our other home, so I don't have access to it right now.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I have a copy of that somewhere, I will have to dig it out and have
a peep.

--