Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default NumberFormat

Can anyone tell me how to change this code for the NumberFormat, such
that with any of the various currencies, the display will appear with
the currency symbol on the far left of the cell, the resulting figure
is displayed to the far right of the cell, no decimal places are shown
(think I
have that part solved), and zero's are displayed only as dashes?
This
is done ordinarily in the worksheet just by choosing Accounting
format
and checking the appropriate boxes.. I tried using that string :

_($* #,##0_);_($* (#,##0);_($* "-"_);_(@_)

without the $, so that line of code looks like so:

Me.Range("F49:AF49").NumberFormat
= Mid$(cv, 5, 1) & "_(* #,##0_);_(* (#,##0);_(* " - "_);_(@_)"

I imagine it's simple, but it is beyond me for the moment.

Thanks,

Troy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

The easiest way to do this is to turn the recorder on and record the Format,
Cells command. The codes you are entering are the ones you would see if you
pick a format, say Currency 2 decimals and then click the Custom category
before exiting the dialog box.

When you want the currency symbol on the far left, the number format is not
Currency but Accounting.

Selection.NumberFormat = "_($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($*

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"TSW632" wrote:

[...]

.numberformat Q Aaron Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 18th 09 02:15 AM
NumberFormat danpt Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 20th 09 10:55 PM
NumberFormat momak Excel Programming 1 July 20th 05 03:06 PM
VBA NumberFormat Digit Excel Programming 1 January 30th 05 02:30 PM
Numberformat Syrus the Virus[_13_] Excel Programming 6 February 12th 04 02:12 PM