Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need to know grouped count.

I need to know the max nos grouped together (second col). My list is
as below.
series group
2 1
3 1
2 3
2 3
2 3
1 9
1 9
1 9
1 9
1 9
1 9
1 9
1 9
1 9
2 1
1 4
1 4
1 4
1 4
I need a formula that gives me group count. Subtotal will not work coz
I want the count in each row. Whenever there is a change in the col A,
group count starts again.

Is there any way to do this by VBA (formula is more preffered).

Regards,
Madiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
No idea what you want. Can you show what you want to see from the
example numbers you give?
regards
Paul

On Oct 31, 7:54*am, Madiya wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 31, 7:54*am, Madiya wrote:

[...]

Madiya- Hide quoted text -

Paul,
Thanks for taking intrest in my problem.
My data is in Col A (Series).
I want to count how many group is there in continuous series.
Now for e.g., say how many 1 is there in continuous series.
Answer is required in Col 2 (Group), as already shown.
In this case, 1st continuous series counts 9, so I want 9 in each row
against 1.
Then 1 changes to 2, so count starts again.
In next line 2 changes to 1, so count starts again.
This time there is 1 in four continuous rows. So I want 4 in each row
against them.

Hope I have explained properly.

Regards,
Madiya