Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need help....

I am trying to do something simple I am sure but I can not figure it out..

I have 2 different sheets/tabs and on (sheet1) cell A3 I want the number to
automatically be filled in on (sheet 2) cell B7

So what ever I fill out on the 1st sheet will be filled in on the 2nd..

Is there a way?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Click on your cell B7, sheet2

enter = (then click on the tab of sheet1 and click on cell A3 then
press the enter key. Done

"filling cells from different tabs" wrote:

I am trying to do something simple I am sure but I can not figure it out..

I have 2 different sheets/tabs and on (sheet1) cell A3 I want the number to
automatically be filled in on (sheet 2) cell B7

So what ever I fill out on the 1st sheet will be filled in on the 2nd..

Is there a way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Place this formula in cell B7 on Sheet2
=Sheet1!A3

Paul
--------------------

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:19:18 -0700, filling cells from different tabs
<filling cells from different wrote:

I am trying to do something simple I am sure but I can not figure it out..

I have 2 different sheets/tabs and on (sheet1) cell A3 I want the number to
automatically be filled in on (sheet 2) cell B7

So what ever I fill out on the 1st sheet will be filled in on the 2nd..

Is there a way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another technique:

Select the "sending" cell.
Edit|copy

Select the "receiving" cell.
Edit|Paste special|click Paste Link

You'll end up with a formula like:
=sheet1!a3

You may want to modify it to:
=if(sheet1!a3="","",sheet1!a3)

This formula will make it look like the cell is blank when the sending cell is
really empty.

(The simple formula will return 0 if the sending cell is really empty.)

--

Dave Peterson