Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding a empty / blank column

Is there a way to write a code that will look for a column that is empty
/ blank? I.E. columns A3, B3, C3, D3 and E3 are filled with numbers and
texts. It will skips the filled columns until it finds and select the
empty column, in this case cell F3.

Ogopogo5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Adapt the following to your need
Sub findEmptyCell()
ActiveSheet.Range("3:3").Select
For Each cell In Selection
If cell.Value = "" Then
MsgBox cell.Address & " is the first blank cell in Row 3"
Exit Sub
End If
Next
End Sub

"ogopogo5" wrote:

Is there a way to write a code that will look for a column that is empty
/ blank? I.E. columns A3, B3, C3, D3 and E3 are filled with numbers and
texts. It will skips the filled columns until it finds and select the
empty column, in this case cell F3.

Ogopogo5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Sheeloo

Thank you very much for helping out. I copied and pasted your code and
it works.

Ogopogo5