Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Programming - Macro

When the user opens my worksheet, how would I prompt the user to enter the
current month before accessing anything on the worksheet. Later I need to use
this month input in the worksheet to provide them the days & date
information.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why get the user to enter it, you can use the Date function to get
information about today, such as

Month(Date)

Day(Date

Year(Date)

and so on

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"G&GSolutions" wrote in message
When the user opens my worksheet, how would I prompt the user to enter the
current month before accessing anything on the worksheet. Later I need to
use
this month input in the worksheet to provide them the days & date
information.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
You can do this displaying a userform asking for the month to be input when
the worksheet opens, or even easier why not just place the formula
=NOW()
and formatt this as 'mmmm' (Format-Cells-Custom then type mmmm into the
'Type' box)
into any blank cell, so when the worksheet opens the current month will be
displayed in your chosen cell
Hope this helps

"G&GSolutions" wrote:

When the user opens my worksheet, how would I prompt the user to enter the
current month before accessing anything on the worksheet. Later I need to use
this month input in the worksheet to provide them the days & date
information.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The excel worksheet is used to enter for example the number of hours worked
in a particular month. So I would like to give a prompt for the user to enter
the month for which they are entering the hours.

How would I use a userform? Can you give me little bit more details please?

Thanks