Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Database query and calculation

Hi,

I'm using a query to pull data from a SQL database, I have some criteria on
it as Date. I need to create a new field multiplying the sales value times
the % of commission but the problem is that the % of Commision is not a value
in a table or field, is a changable value that I need to be asked every time
I run the query, kind in the same way I am asked for the Date (criteria). Is
there a way to do it here in the query or do I have to do it with code in
excel?
please help
--
Cesar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the answer,

My query is quite different from the one I asked help, I did it in that way
to simplify the question but the problem still the same.

here is the SQL statement:

SELECT VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.S_PROLL_ID AS 'ROLL ID',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.D_PROLL_PTIME AS 'PROD TIME',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.S_SPEC_NAME AS 'GRADE',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.NT_TP_BP_AKD_REEL_TOTAL AS 'AKD',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.NT_TP_BP_POLYMER_REEL_TOTAL AS 'POLYMER',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.NT_TP_BP_HERCOBOND_REEL_TOTAL AS 'HERCOBOND',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.NT_Starch_Bar_Reel_Total AS 'STARCH BAR',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.NT_TP_DYE_REEL_TOTAL AS 'DYE',
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.UOMX_203_ORIG_WT AS 'WT TONS'
FROM PROD_DMPC.dbo.VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST
WHERE (VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.D_PROLL_PTIME=? And
VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.D_PROLL_PTIME<=?) AND (VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.S_SPEC_NAME=?)
ORDER BY VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.D_PROLL_PTIME

What I want to do is crear a new field that calculates the cost of using
POLYMER by multipling VW_PARENT_ROLL_LIST.NT_TP_BP_POLYMER_REEL_TOTAL times a
value that I want to be asked every time I run the query, this is because the
cost of Polymer changes with time and it is not a value in a field or table.

Basically the same apply for the rest of the columns, in the same way that I
want to creat new field for POLYMER COST, I want to create new fields for
AKD, HERCOBOND, STARCH and DYE

Thanks, hope that's what you were asking
--
Cesar