Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Listbox controlsource runningtotal

I have a listbox that feeds the activecell that behaves like an accumulator
cell by using an inserted comment (calculates a running total of input
values). I have two problems I don't know how to remedy:

1) The listbox controlsource is set by the activecell.address, if this cell
is previously populated, the listbox throws a runtime error 380 invalid
property value...I get around this by clearing the contents of the active
cell and recreating the accumulator cell on the fly before opening the form
with the listbox. The user picks and choses from the selection list and the
running total is calculated in the activecell. Is there a way around the 380
error?

2) If the user wants to select the same item twice, you must first move off
the selection and come back to it...is there a way to do this by using a
doubleclick? I can't get it to do what I want. (the workaround is to create
a "0" item that the user alternates between if they want to choose a
particular item twice).

Thanks for any insight into this...