Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Separate first name and page numbers

I have an excel file with the name and page number(s) in one column. I have
already separated the last name as there is a comma (usually). And I have
separated the first name into it's own column, but this contains the page
number(s) as well. Can someone provide a way for me to separate the first
name (which may contain a middle name or initial and/or title) and the page
number(s)? Here are some examples in my file:
S. J. 45, 46, 59, 71, 138, 139
S. J., Mrs. 138
Samuel J. 51
Sally 3
W. 41
Warren 17, 61, 71, 95, 109

I want to end up with the page number(s) in one column and the entire first
name in another column.

thanks in advance if you can help! Sherry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the data which is there in the column.

and use text to column option which is there in Data menu.

I hope it may help you.

Regards

Heera