Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Stop to Group of Shapes to be deleted

Hi all, I got few rectangle shapes on my worksheet which been grouped
together and I gave a name of "Shp" to that group. I want macro to
put in Worksheet Module that if someone try to delete that group of
shapes by selecting that group and press delete on keyboard then a
Msgbox should appear saying "Can not be Deleted" and that group should
not be deleted. Please can any friend can help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not "protect" your objects.

Format, Protection. Check/uncheck "Lock" as required. Under Tools,
Protection, tick all the options then untick Edit Objects (assuming there's
nothing else you want to protect), and Protect.

With earlier versions of Excel, in the Protection dialog just tick
"Objects".

There is no simple way to intercept the user's attempt to delete objects and
prevent deletion.

Regards,
Peter T

Group Shapes Zone Excel Programming 5 October 15th 06 11:52 AM
Stop rows from being deleted whilst allowing cells contents to cha SueD Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 22nd 06 02:59 PM
How to stop CommandButtons being deleted as pictures in code?? Corey Excel Programming 5 August 15th 06 12:18 PM
VB Code to stop cells being deleted T Jeanes Excel Programming 2 July 8th 04 01:05 PM
Stop Excel Updating formulas when cells are deleted? tom[_5_] Excel Programming 4 January 23rd 04 09:59 AM