Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with using VS2008 to develop vb.net Excel application

I am not sure if this is the right discussion group for this question - if
not, maybe someone could please point me in the right direction.
I have used the Excel application teamplate in VS2008 to develop some vb.net
code to automate an existing Excel spreadsheet. Everything works fine in the
VS environment and when I use Build to Debug or Release, the appropriate Bin
folders are created.
The "Publish" option under the build menu is disabled, so I assumed that if
I open the spreadsheet itself in the release or debug folder, it would link
to the underlying vb add-ins. However, when I do this the addin does not seem
to work - I have put buttons on some worksheets and these are dead, nothing
happens on click.
Can someone advise me how to activate the vb.net code that I have developed.
Is there some deployment utility or registratio step that i have to go
through?
Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just a guess but you probably want: