Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default require cell completion before saving

I have written a line of VB in an excel spreadsheet used by salesmen to
calculate project costs. This "BeforeSave" program requires that a user
enter a project close date in a cell before saving the file; the file will
not save unless something is entered in the cell. I'm so clever I've worked
myself into a corner!

I need to send this file to different people for them to save to their C
drive so they can use it next year. My problem is that, of course, they
cannot save it to their C drive without entering a date. I need to force
them to enter the correct date in this cell so I can't tell them to simply
enter any date to save the spreadsheet because that date will simply be the
default date in the cell and they won't enter an updated date when they quote
a project.

Any ideas how I can manage this?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use an If...Then statement as a criteria to run the before save. Make the
fist line of the BeforeSave something like this.

If Date < 1/1/2009 Then Exit Sub

That way it will not execute before next year.