Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default chart question

i'm programmatically adding a chart. this line loads xl8galry.xls.
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Colored Lines"
just wondering if this is normal.

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gary,

I recorder a macro to use one of the Custom Type charts and it did not
record the line you show.

I got this
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Blue Pie"
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:D6")
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Sheet1"

Maybe Jon will add some insight on this one.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

i'm programmatically adding a chart. this line loads xl8galry.xls.
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Colored Lines"
just wondering if this is normal.

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't really add much to this discussion, because my own chart user
gallery is long since hosed, and I don't know how to restore it. I do know
that when you apply a chart type from the gallery, it is loaded into Excel's
memory, and can be seen in the list of projects in the VB Editor. I also
feel that it is better to build these charts from scratch, as Gary mentions
in his second post..

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP