Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vlookup and if function

hiya all
i'm trying to make 2 dropdown lists which when added with a figure in a 3rd
cell copies the cell into another column.

i.e
a1=(dropdown"january") b1=(dropdown"paid") c1=("manual input"100)

in g1 i want the total 100(c1) only if a1& b1 is set above.

but what i also want is if a1=jan,b1=paid,c1=200 and g1 is full(1) then
enter 200(c1) into g2

please help.
--
deejay

--
deejay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

As stated your problem will never return an answer, and even when I modify
it I'm not sure what you are doing makes sense. In cell A1 you have the word
January, but you are checking for Jan. That will always fail!

Assume this is an error in describing the problem, then the formula in G1
would be
=IF(AND(A1="Jan",B1="paid"),C1,"")
and the formula in G2 would be
=IF(AND(A1="Jan",B1="paid",G10),C1,"")

Of course both of these formulas would end up returning the same thing in
all cases so G2 should just be =G1.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"confused deejay" wrote:

hiya all
i'm trying to make 2 dropdown lists which when added with a figure in a 3rd
cell copies the cell into another column.

i.e
a1=(dropdown"january") b1=(dropdown"paid") c1=("manual input"100)

in g1 i want the total 100(c1) only if a1& b1 is set above.

but what i also want is if a1=jan,b1=paid,c1=200 and g1 is full(1) then
enter 200(c1) into g2

please help.
--
deejay

--
deejay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In G1 enter =IF(AND(A1="January",B1="Paid"),C1,"") and in G2 enter
=IF(AND(A1="Jan",B1="Paid"),C1,"")

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com/forumz

"confused deejay" wrote:

hiya all
i'm trying to make 2 dropdown lists which when added with a figure in a 3rd
cell copies the cell into another column.

i.e
a1=(dropdown"january") b1=(dropdown"paid") c1=("manual input"100)

in g1 i want the total 100(c1) only if a1& b1 is set above.

but what i also want is if a1=jan,b1=paid,c1=200 and g1 is full(1) then
enter 200(c1) into g2

please help.
--
deejay

--
deejay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A Worksheet_SelectionChange event can do this. However I am also confused
about the "jan" & "january", are both choices available in A1 dropdown?

Mike F
"The Code Cage Team" wrote in
message ...