Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Escape Key Interrupts Code Execution in Add-In

I have an .xla add-in for Excel that displays the "Code execution has been
interrupted" dialogue box whenever I press the Escape Key.

ThisWorkbook.IsAddin is set to True and the add-in is password protected for
viewing, so this should not be happening.

There are four buttons in the dialogue: Continue, End, Debug, and Help. The
Debug button is disabled unless I have entered the password and have the
add-in opened in Visual Basic, so the user can't see the code, but the
dialogues should not be displaying at all.

I have created new .xla add-ins from scratch, loaded them, and pressed
escape while a process from the add-in is running and I do not get the "Code
execution has been interrupted" dialogue box.

Can anyone suggest a reason why this is happening and how to make it work
normally again?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you do not want this to happen your addin needs to trap and handle
interrupts.

See Application.EnableCancelKey in Help.

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com