Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating custom toolbar

I want to create a custom toolbar that will open everytime I open Excel. It
will basically be shortcuts to commonly used formatting methods I use, such
as highlighting and changing font color, etc... I have created the macros for
these without a problem and have created a custom toolbar through the
"Customize" function under "Tools" in Excel on my computer to do this without
a problem. However, I want to be able to give this toolbar to others so they
can access it.

I have tried unsuccessfuly to create a toolbar in my personal.xls file that
can be copied and given to others. I can create the toolbar but can't figure
out how to create a button on the toolbar that is a drop down list/menu from
which the macro options can be selected.

How do I create the menu button on the toolbar and include options in the
menu for the different macros?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think your life will be lots easier if you create that toolbar when the
workbook opens and destroy it when the workbook closes.

Some references if you want to look at that option:

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've gotten as far as making the toolbar using the referenced site, but how
do I make one of the buttons into a drop down menu from which additional
selections can be made? Right now I would have to make a huge toolbar to
accomadate all the macros I have. Thanks.

Spencer wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John's example will give you a dropdown menu

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

For < 2007 see also

Ole P. Erlandsen's Web Site (Example workbooks)
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...oadcommandbars

How to customize menus and menu bars in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default...02&Product=xlw

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm